WE ARE RE-OPENING ON MONDAY 8TH June, 2020
Following the latest Government guidance we are delighted to re-open on Monday 8th June 2020.
We want ALL of our lovely patients to have the most beautiful smiles so we will use our training and years of experience to prioritise patients with the greatest need. Please trust our judgment.
We have always maintained the very highest standards of infection control and have doubled those efforts during the Covid-19 crisis. You will note that Reception team will be behind plexi-glass screens, our waiting room has been configured for social distancing with disinfectable chairs, and your Orthodontic team will be wearing PPE.
In order to help us to keep you safe we would ask that you adhere to the following:
Before you arrive at the practice
- You will have been sent an email with Covid-19 pre-screening questions. Please email this questionnaire back to reception before your appointment.
- If you have a temperature above 37.8°C please do not attend your appointment. Call the practice to reschedule your appointment.
- If anyone within your household is COVID positive or has COVID symptoms call the practice to reschedule your appointment.
- We will only allow you, our patient, into the practice. Any companions will be asked to wait in the car or outside the building.
- Please brush your teeth with toothpaste for at least two minutes before you arrive at the practice, as the tooth brushing station is no longer in use. The antimicrobial action of using toothpaste lasts three to four hours, so this is very important.
- Please make sure you are comfortable before attending your appointment, as the toilets will be temporarily closed.
- Please ensure you have a face mask or face covering to wear to the practice.
- Please do not take paracetamol for six hours prior to your appointment
When you arrive at the practice:
- Please wait in the car until 5 minutes before the appointment time. Only the patient is allowed into the practice building.
- Please wear your facemask.
- Upon arrival we will ask you to wash your hands for 20 seconds or to use the provided hand sanitiser
- We will take your temperature. Patients with temperatures of above 37.8°C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol for six hours prior to the appointment as this invalidate the temperature reading.
- We will run through the Covid-19 pre-screening questions with you again.
- The waiting room will no longer offer magazines and pamphlets, as those items are difficult to disinfect.
After your appointment:
- Your next appointment will not be booked at reception but will be either booked by your Orthodontist in their surgery or you will be asked to email the practice to book your next appointment.
Please pay for treatment or oral hygiene products with a credit or debit card. We will not be accepting cash
What should new Patients expect?
- All New Patient appointments will be done via Virtual Assessment to reduce the risk of exposure. Our website has a virtual assessment page that will guide you through.
- On receipt of your Virtual Assessment photographs we will provide further advice by email and schedule your appointment accordingly.
- Appointments will be longer to allow for deep cleaning before and after each appointment.
- Appointments will be spaced apart further in order to have fewer patients within the practice at the same time.